Dermal Filler Before & After Care
One Week Prior
Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, and Aleve.
Avoid supplements, including St. John’s Wort, Gingko biloba, primrose oil, garlic, ginseng, and Vitamin E.
Two Days Prior
Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinol, Retinoids or Glycolic Acid.
Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or using hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
24 hours prior
Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior. Alcohol thins the blood, so can contribute to increased bruising.
General Pre Treatment Recommendations
If you have a history of cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores. Please let me know and an antiviral prescription can be called into your pharmacy.
Do not use dermal fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or allergic to any of the ingredients. Please contact me if you have any questions about this prior to your treatment.
Do not wear makeup to your appointment.
● Avoid significant movement or massaging of the treated area (unless otherwise instructed by me)
● Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
● Avoid make-up for 4-6 hours to prevent infection.
● Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
● Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling.
● If you have swelling you may apply an ice pack for 20 minutes on then 20 min off, as needed.
● Use Tylenol for discomfort.
● Try to sleep face-up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
● Apply Arnica cream/gel to help with bruising and swelling.
● Redness and/or bruising are common after the injection. In the case of any excessive swelling/redness or bruises, don't hesitate to contact me.